Thursday, March 11, 2010

......Seaweed

Now I know this is going to sound silly, but seaweed made my day!
Trader Joes had this toasted seaweed snack awhile back and it was so amazing that they keep getting bought out and I never could get it again, well today I found this awesome big pack of them at an asian food market for super cheap, to say the least I am thrilled. 
So this post is especially dedicated to my cousin Lina  because she and I found and fell in love with them together and I know she'll be excited too :)

I found this new vegan jerky I look forward to trying.




And also I bought some of my favorite rice candy at the asian market.

7 comments:

ra said...

HEY! I've had that rice candy before, it's SOOO good! Mmmm.

Cookie Cutter said...

I'm curious to find out how's the vegan jerky though I think I'll have a hard time finding them here. But I do have lotsa seaweed snacks round here :p

kate maggie said...

mmm, i need to go try some of this! :) Thanks for sharing these treats! x

lina said...

YES! oh now i'm so happy! maaan they've been selling out at the trader joes down here & we haven't been able to get them either. but now if i visit....plenty!! hehe.

rachel red lips said...

i've been wanting to try soy jerky forever. how was it?

about the tofu egg mcmuffin...

tofu eggs can be prepared a million ways...tofu scram is pretty close to the real thing if you like a lot of spices in your eggs, but for this recipe we pressed the tofu, sliced it, and then dry fried while pressing with a spatula to get the excess water out. then we poured a little braggs over it and added some almesan (mock parmesan aka raw almonds, nutritional yeast, and salt finely chopped in the food processor) and just kind cooked it until brown and crusty. this doesn't really taste like eggs but there are other recipes that do the trick pretty well...

try..http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=5087.0

it doesn't taste like much but still works!

then we just used gimmie lean soysage and a vegan cheese slice!

seriously delicious! let me know if you try it.

Viscous .n. Hsieh said...

Love how you have fun with your friend : ] Love your style!

indigotangerine said...

Yum! Rice candy is so good. Have you had the chewy coconut candy with peanuts? Its divine, my family bought like 8 bags in Vietnam but are having so much trouple finding it in the states.
-indigo